Caramel corn is the perfect snack for when the munchies kick in, but this delicious recipe could give you even more munchies, leading to an endless binge of TV shows and chilling.
As Craig says:
“It’s caramel popcorn…. on weed!!:
What you’ll need
- 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1/3 cup of canna butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tbsp of light-coloured corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- 1/4 of baking soda
Let’s get Chronic Cooking!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 12” X 17” baking pan with butter
- Pop 8 cups of popcorn and remove any unpopped kernels
- Place popcorn in the pan and keep it warm in the oven
In a medium-sized saucepan:
- Combine 3/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of canna butter, and 3 tbsp of light corn syrup
- Cook and stir over medium heat for about 4 minutes, until the mixture boils
- Continue gently boiling over low heat for 5 minutes
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add 1/4 tsp of baking soda and 1/4 tsp of vanilla
Pour the sauce over the popcorn in the baking pan and stir gently to coat
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
- Stir again
- Bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove pan from oven and spread the popcorn onto a large sheet of parchment paper
- Cool completely
- Break into clusters
Want more Chronic Cooking?
If you’re hungry for more Chronic Cooking, make sure to check out these delicious recipes from past episodes below.